Lead responsibility for the daily running of the kitchen and dining rooms in accordance with current legislation and the nursing homes policies and procedures.
Be aware of and cater for complex dietary requirements, allergies, food sensitivities and modified diets.
- Provide a high standard of catering to meet the needs of Residents, Sisters, Volunteers and Staff.
- Determine requirements in ingredients and set portions
- Schedule staff shifts
- Train and manage dining room staff and kitchen personnel
- Oversee food prep and customer service
- Manage relationships with suppliers and place orders as required
- Report on expenses
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Ensure all daily menus are balanced and meet our resident’s individual requirements.
- Ensure safe storage of foods in accordance with legislative standards.
- Adhere to all current HACCP Regulations (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Ensure all equipment is operated, maintained and serviced as per manufacturer’s instructions and Health & Safety requirements.
- Adhere to First Aid, Hygiene, Health & Safety rules, COSHH Regulations at all times
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality
- Participate in the induction monitoring, supervision and appraisal of catering staff
- Any other ad hoc duties that might arise.
- At least 2 year’s experience as a Catering Manager
- You will be highly motivated and driven and a natural leader.