Previous experience with control of food and labour cost, menu development and pricing. A leader, who is focused on supporting the development of the culinary team. International culinary experience is desirable not essential.
The ability to introduce new menu ideas, encourage team involvement in the planning, designing and Implementing of innovative quality dishes.
· A positive attitude towards training, developing and motivating the team
· A lead by example approach is required, as is a strong emphasis upon driving quality standards
· A strategic management of the kitchen brigade to ensure adequate resource planning and effective recruitment of the kitchen team
· A positive and progressive approach to people management
· A thorough and diligent implementation of HACCP systems
· A strong financial acumen and have a sound understanding of budgets, cost control and achieving budgeted GP
· The drive and ability to implementing systems, policies and training procedures and to continue to develop the kitchen operation trough the development of SOP’s
· Excellent operational, organizational and communicative skills, decisive and solution driven