The Head Chef performs functions to direct and coordinate activities and workflow of the departments with full accountability for results in terms of costs, methods, quality and quantity of production, operations, and personnel.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience and 3 – 5 years of management or leadership experience
- Experience in high volume Food Production and prior Airline Catering experience a plus
- Has a wide knowledge of raw materials (foods) that exist throughout the world?
- Knowledge of start-ups and crafting a consistent new Menu
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experienced in Process Improvements and lean manufacturing.
- Computer competent with Microsoft Office
- people management and organisational skills
- Supervise the production and operations departments and support the general manager in lieu of their absence.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting quality, airline specifications, meal processing counts and ready times.
- Ensure portion control, accurate counts are produced to specifications and maintain a limit on wasted items
- Ensure adherence of HACCP and Food Safety policies and regulations as required by the FDA
- Responsible for supervising and directing employees
- Suggest and implement process improvements, which will increase safety and quality, while reducing costs
- Provide status reports to the general manager and other senior managers including any safety, personnel or process issues that have occurred
- Run the day to day operations