An ideal candidates will have previous experience working as Kitchen Porter is desirable. Excellent communication and time management skills; ability to work in a team and on their own initiative. You will need a good level of spoken English and can maintain a strict professional approach to work. As a kitchen porter you will be required to complete the menial tasks in a kitchen including duties such as cleaning, washing up and basic food preparation.
When you are working in a restaurant or hotel kitchen, it is important to note that you will be working in a scorching environment and you will be expected to have almost limitless energy. Whether you are up to your elbows in water or helping a chef keep surfaces clean, the role of a kitchen porter involves working at top speed virtually all the time.
Kitchen porter Job responsibilities in Dublin:
- Assist with basic food preparation ( when required )
- Organise food preparation areas ( when required )
- Assist with set up and service of food counter
- Ensure counters are replenished and tidy throughout service.
- check the temperatures of all food being served to the patients.
- Be prepared to carry out any additional duties outside of general duties.
- To follow the agreed HACCP standards and procedures.
- To follow, record and document all cleaning as required by the kitchen procedures.
- Manual Handling – This will be provided.
- HACCP is essential but can be provided.