Construction Manager main role is to assist in delivery of Intel Front of House projects at Intel, Leixlip from conception to closeout. Build strong collaborative partnership with client PM, Sub-contractors, sourcing representatives and wider client stakeholders in Engineering, IT, Security and across multiple business units.
Assist in preparation of project documentation, programs, schedules, and execution plans.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Manage and deliver projects as per scope with safety being priority.
• Oversee works on site to ensure compliance to applicable EHS and QAQC standards and ensure adherence to the planned project delivery schedule.
• Assist Project Manager in execution of the scope of work and overseeing / coordinating the appointed contractors.
• Maintain and control design document packages.
• Assist QS, executing project as per budget and noting change orders.
• Conduct regular whiteboard meetings to ensure co-ordination of site operations.
• Deliver the project to the agreed schedule, scope, quality, and budget.
• Identify and initiate necessary change control processes.
• Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory.
• Meet contractual conditions of performance.
• Review the work progress on daily basis and report to Project Manager.
• Plan to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
• Analyse, manage, and mitigate risks.
• Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
• Assist with commissioning and handover process. Ensure all applicable documentation is provided to the client on time in full.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage close-out and snagging process.
• Develop and build partnerships with contractors and specialist consultants.
• Problem resolution.
• Liaison with other business units and other accounts.
• Maintain project documentation and status data in online IT system.
• Liaise with central program team regarding program reporting and key performance indicators.
• Liaise with client Contractor Administration Services office and team to assist with coordination of contractor pre-qualification documentation, badging, site permits, work permissions and site access requirements etc.
• Creation and monitoring of purchase requisitions.
• Ad hoc duties as required.
• Some knowledge or experience in quantity surveying and construction cost estimation is a distinct advantage.
• Excellent problem solving.
• Outstanding client relationship management skills with great client focus.
• Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
• Proven working experience in construction management
• Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
• Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
• Understanding of all facets of the construction process
• Familiarity with construction management software packages
• Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
• Competent in conflict and crisis management
• Leadership management skills
• Excellent time and project management skills.
• Strong written and verbal English language skills.
• Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
• Candidate must demonstrate personal impact and gravitas, with high velocity & speed of response and a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Positive, solution-oriented communications and a willingness to take responsibility.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Essential – minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience of construction management.
• Essential – minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience of working for a General Contractor.
• Essential – minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience of delivering fast track office fit-out, commercial refurbishment and M&E upgrade projects.
• Strong Trades background desirable.
• Formal education in construction management, or related field