The main responsibility of the Health and Safety Officer is to support the safety at our North Dublin Depot. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Health & Safety. The successful candidate will be reporting to HSE Lead and will be working as part of the onsite team assisting with Health and Safety compliance.
Typical duties and projects:
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety, and environmental work practices on the site.
- Liaise with contractors regarding Health & Safety requirements.
- Implementation of the Risk Management System at the sites to the agreed level and work with Management.
- Liaise and work with HSE Lead and Department Managers on introducing preventative measures to minimise risk and control loss.
- Conduct weekly toolbox talks.
- Be the point of contact for emergency situations.
- Ensuring that all site works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Reviewing Contractor risk assessments and Method Statements and other safety compliance documents.
- Carry out incident investigations and corrective action measures with Department Managers/Supervisors.
Essential technical skill or knowledge:
- Knowledge of health, safety and welfare regulations, guidelines, and best practices.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Recognised health and safety qualification
- Good level of numeracy/literacy
- Full Irish driving licence
Previous experience required
- Practical operational experience potentially within a project co-ordination or supervision role of a multi-trade environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships across all departments.
- IT Literate
- Health and safety experience
- Extremely organised.