Flexsource (Part of Cpl) are recruiting on behalf of their client for a Fleet Manager, the role will be based in Portadown.
Are you an experienced Fleet Manager with excellent academic credentials and 3 or more years’ experience in a similar role looking for a move to a large Public Sector Organisation based in Portadown?
£22.73 per hour/£42,683 -£45,591 per annum
37 hours per week
The role is based on a Fixed Term Contract for 12 months, with a possibility of being made permanent for the right candidate.
About the job and requirements:
- The candidate must hold a Current Certificate of Professional Competence National Road Haulage.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline eg. Business Management.
- Three years’ relevant experience in a leading role in a large and diverse fleet maintenance and management environment.
- Managing the procurement of a diverse range of HGV/LGV and plant.
- Planning and managing the work of a diverse work force.
- Developing innovative and cost effective fleet servicing, maintenance and repair processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the Management, development and delivery of Fleet and maintenance services to facilitate day-to-day operations across council.
- Advise, disseminate, monitor and support user and operating services by ensuring Council’s Vehicle Operator’s Licence compliance, driver compliance and training; data and financial management systems for accurate service, asset and whole life costs and resource analysis.
- Responsible for the management, development and delivery of fleet services across the Council estate to include all staff and associated resources.
- Devise strategies for procurement, operation, maintenance and repairs of all the Council’s vehicles, plant and auxiliary equipment, fuel and tyre management and vehicle and plant hire management.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of the strategic and operational fleet management policies and procedures ensuring that services support internal and external customers, act as fleet advisor and ensure professional best practice across all areas of responsibility.
- Develop and ensure maintenance of the Fleet Service’s quality system, ensuring that practices are in place to measure, monitor, evaluate and benchmark the work portfolio including documenting procedures, conducting internal and external audits and supervision of staff training in the application of the procedures and training staff to carry out internal quality audits.
If you would like to apply with your CV or to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Shauneen McCrisken on 07867459585.