My client, established HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) company and currently employees on average 8-10 people. The company offers installation and maintenance of Mitsubishi air conditioning units, installation and maintenance of industrial and commercial ventilation systems, and the supply and maintenance of commercial refrigeration along with stability control room solutions for the pharma and food industries.
The company has recently gone through an expansion which has led to an exciting opportunity becoming available for a General Manager.
Reporting to the new company Owners, the General Manager will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the business, whilst growing the business across its full range of services.
• The creation, implementation, and management of a set of performance KPI’s that drive business performance.
• Create and drive a culture of safe working practice throughout all projects and employees.
• Manage and facilitate the companies tendering process and development of future works.
• Delivery of continued profit improvement through financial, resource and project controls.
• Control of resources and their allocation to ensure on time delivery of projects within budget.
• Managing and coordinating any of subcontracting teams.
• Manage all day-to-day activities of business.
• At least 10 years of progressive experience, including for a period of not less than five years, satisfactory work experience at a senior executive level within a commercial SME.
• Ideally a 3rd level qualification from a recognised institute in Engineering, Business, Finance, Management, or any other related discipline. Masters level qualification a distinct advantage.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience, with a proven ability to manage and motivate staff and teams to deliver high performance and growth.
• A proven track record of operating and delivering financial and business KPIs.
• Strong commercial acumen, with entrepreneurial style and sound decision-making ability.
What is in it for you?
The successful candidate will be offered an excellent remuneration package commensurate with his/her experience, to include profit share, (with possible equity after an agreed period), company phone, vehicle, laptop and any other requirements to run the day-to-day operations of the business. The candidate will also be offered a unique opportunity to directly share and benefit from the company’s future success.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious and focused person who will be given the full freedom and responsibility, along with the authority to decide and strategize on running all operations within the company.
Please note interview takes place immediately.