My Client, a well-established construction company based in Dublin is seeking an experienced and ambitious Health and Safety Advisor.
The candidate will be a self-starter who has the drive, determination and capability to maintain and improve our Health and Safety systems. They must act as a role model for the company in ensuring that the highest standard of H&S is implemented throughout.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Officer:
- Proactively champion the health and safety function, and safe working practices across the company’s activities and operations.
- Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly.
- Responsible for the preparation of health and safety plans and risk assessments, site audits and reporting.
- Support in the completion of Safety Induction Training for all new employees and sub-contractors, and maintain documentary evidence of same,
- Develop Emergency, Evacuation and Traffic Management Plans for sites.
- Assist in Safety Audits.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings.
- Liaise with organisations such as the HAS and other relevant professional bodies.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulations.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong IT / Administration skills essential.
- Maintain training records of all site personnel.
- Have first-hand knowledge and experience with ISO9001, 14001 and 18001 and to assist with audits and liaise with external auditors
Desirable Skills and experience of the Health and Safety Officer
- Third level qualification in Health and Safety
- Have advanced experience in a similar role.
- Willingness to show initiative and drive in addition to being a team player.
- Must be IT proficient in terms of the full Microsoft Office Suite.
Great salary package for the ring candidate. Please note interview takes place immediately, however the notice period might be considered.
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Benefits: Company Vehicle provided