Our client is currently recruiting a Sourcing and Procurement Specialist in the Waterford Area
These roles & responsibilities are not in order of priority.
- Provide administrative support as and when required.
- Ensure deadlines are met and that tasks and responsibilities assigned are completed on time.
- Use appropriate technology to ensure work is completed to a high standard.
- Ensure that archives and records are accurate and readily available.
- Maintain confidentiality of documentation, records, etc.
- Co-operate and work in harmony with other teams and disciplines.
- Ensure line management is kept informed of issues.
- Promote and maintain a customer focused environment.
- Ensure that service users are treated with dignity and respect.
- Act on feedback from service users/customers and report same to supervisor.
Standards, policies, procedures & legislation
- Acquire and/or maintain own knowledge of relevant company policies, procedures, guidelines and practices, to perform the role effectively and to participate in ensuring current work standards are met by own team.
- Acquire and/or maintain own knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation e.g. Procurement Policy and Procedures, Financial Regulations, Health & Safety Legislation, Employment Legislation, FOI Acts etc.
- Ensure consistent adherence to procedures within area of responsibility
General Procurement Duties
- To participate in Sourcing and Contracting activities including requirement processing, request for quotation, tender design and processing, receipt of tenders, evaluation of tenders, communication of tender outcomes, service level agreement design and sign-off with successful tenderers, post contract management including maintenance of various records.
- To assist the line manager in the day to day management of the assigned Procurement function.
- To monitor performance of suppliers
- To adhere to policies, procedures and regulations.
- To assist in the development of Customer based service with assigned Service Users – e.g. Monitor Supplier Service Levels, Product Performance
- To keep records as he/she may be directed and, in the manner so directed.
- Reporting any deficiency or irregularity which may arise during the course of their work.
- Provide administrative support to User Groups for consumable contracts
- To observe and adhere to appropriate financial regulations.
- Advise and participate as required in developing and implementing safety policies/protocols throughout the Procurement Department.
- To operate any systems used for the sourcing and contracting function including computerised system in accordance with operational procedures
Qualifications and/ or experience
- Have obtained at least Grade D in five subjects including Mathematics and English or Irish from the approved list of subjects in the Department of Education Leaving Certificate Examination (Quality and Qualifications Ireland level 5).
- Or have obtained a comparable standard in any equivalent second level examination
- Or hold a third level qualification of at least degree standard (Quality and Qualifications Ireland level 7)
- And must have relevant ICT Systems experience including MS Office applications.
Please Apply Via mail with your CV to paula.hickey(@)flexsource.ie