Chemical /liquids experienced essential
This is a highly technical operator role where experience with batch processes along with chemical knowledge is essential. Also, safety and process / pipework understanding is crucial.
- Responsible for the operation of all the automatic & manual chemical process equipment in an efficient and competent manner with due regard to quality, safety, documentation and GMP.
- Perform on-going monitoring of machine performance and modification of specific machine parameters to ensure consistent quality and yield, through adjusting designated valves, dials and control switches according to standard operating procedures.
- Carry out in-process & quality tests on product and ensure results adhere to test specifications.
- Report to the engineer any circumstance in which results do not meet specification.Order & prepare materials for processing through each step in the process and close off finished lots on computer system (eg Oracle).
- Carry out specified tasks relating to the corrosives tank farm such as management of chemicals, loading & unloading operations etc. Ensure that materials (solvent / acid / caustic drums, waste drums etc.) are labelled and stored as per proper procedures.Carry out specified tasks relating to the waste neutralisation system to ensure it is run in a manner which complies with environmental licensing requirements