My client is a bulk API Manufacturer and is classified as an Upper Tier COMAH / SEVESO site, which makes for a very interesting role, specifically from an EHS and Compliance perspective.
Job Title: EHS Engineer
About the Job:
In close cooperation with the EHS Manager & EHS Team, the EHS Engineer will ensure systems and practices are developed and maintained in EHS to provide an Injury Free Workplace with safe systems, practices, procedures, equipment and processes with a focus on health & safety & auditing. This is a senior role and the successful candidate will be highly experienced and able to work on their own initiative.
- Conduct internal audits in line with ISO 14001 / 45001 / OHSAS 18001.
- Ensure incident investigations are tracked to closure.
- Conduct procedural compliance assessments in the factory.
- Develop the permit to work system in association with technical personnel in the plant.
- Coordinate and lead task, area and equipment related health and safety risk assessments as part of the on-going risk assessment programme for the site.
- Conduct manual handling and ergonomic assessments.
- Conduct assessments of compliance on batch records and other manufacturing related documents.
- Assist in the maintenance of the sites Emergency Response Team and Emergency Response Plan as an Upper Tier Seveso Site.
- Assist in ensuring a strong adherence to contractor management activities.
- Assisting in ensuring action tracking and management across all functions of the organisation
- Ensure a process of continuous improvement in the EHS Training requirements of the site which will include the development and delivery of training modules, safety briefings, tool box talks etc.
- Assist with other EHS related tasks such as updating of documentation in a GMP environment, assist with Regulatory Agency Inspections and communications etc Achieve: Mindset of Right First Time & be goal driven Care: Respect others; use initiative and consider the opinions of others Cooperate: Provide support & Teamwork Innovate: Take the initiative without threatening Safety or Quality, think outside of the box, have a mindset of continuous improvement and drive change.
- Primary Degree in Science or Engineering specialising in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ experience working in an Occupational Health and Safety role.
- Ideally experienced in bulk manufacturing, oil and gas industry or the chemicals industry.
- Previous experience of a SEVESO site, IED Licence / ISO 14001 / ISO 45001 & GMP Manufacturing is desirable but not essential.
- Internal auditor & manual handling trained is also desirable.
- Highly organised and capable of working on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate & interact across all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to conduct independent internal audits.
- Strong analytical and engineering skills.
- Good influential skills.
- Excellent report compiling and writing skills.
- Mindset of continuous improvement
- Internal auditor trained / experience.
- Functional/Technical Skills (incl. analytical mindset & attention to detail)
- Organisational skills
- Managing through Systems
- Action Oriented
- Written communication and report writing.
Contact: Linda Hickey