MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- The packaging of solid dosage forms (tablets) in strict compliance with GMP and company standards.
- To assist in the training of Packaging Operators on new and current equipment in packaging when required.
- To work in Production if required.
- To achieve agreed monthly targets.
- To issue Line clearances.
- To complete all reports and documentation required in relation all SOP’s, GMP, operations, and safety procedures.
- Running all equipment trained to operate and connected equipment as efficiently as possible.
- To package all products according to the correct procedures and with strict adherence to SOP’s, GMP and safety procedures.
- Cleaning of all equipment/rooms used in the packaging of any products according to SOPs.
- Maintenance of the packaging areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with GMP and company policy with regard to the following:
- Compliance with all SOPs
- Compliance through a program of results reporting, following instructions on batch packaging records correctly.
- Equipment used to package products is maintained in such a manner to satisfy GMP requirements.
- The exchange of information with the department, inter-department and externally to ensure all relevant information in a helpful and timely manner.
- To assemble packaging equipment and carry out minor repairs when necessary. All major faults are reported to the Packaging/Engineering Manager or authorised deputy.
- Cleaning of tablet packaging machines.
- Storage of equipment in accordance with GMP.
- To report all issues involving product quality to the packaging Supervisor and Quality Department.
- Achieve favourable HPRA inspection and customer audit results.
- To monitor stock levels and up-keep of all consumable items used in the packaging area.
- Monitoring and documenting laundry and availability of uniforms/visitors coats for packaging.
- General upkeep and tidiness of gowning/locker room area.
- Calibration of test equipment.
- To implement and operate company safety policies within the Packaging Department consistent with a safe working environment for all staff.
- Any other duties within the job holder’s capabilities.
This is a guideline and is not intended to be all encompassing.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER FUNCTIONS/ROLES:
Liaison with QA, QC, Production, Warehouse, Maintenance and Regulatory Affairs departments and other department/group sites as required.
Salary: €34k plus 20% shift rate
Working Hours: 2 Shift cycles – 7:00-15:00 and 14:30-22:30
23 days Annual Leave,
Health Benefit & Company Pension Scheme (on completion of 6 mth probation)