My client is a leading recognised global brand in the Development, Manufacture and Supply Chain distribution of finished Drug products. In the industry. There is an immediate job requirement for an Assistant Production supervisor in their Pharmaceutical Tabletting and Compression plant in In Dublin 15.
This job is working on a permanent day shift and it offers an excellent salary and full benefits including healthcare, bonus, pension etc… are on offer.
Supporting the Development Manufacturing supervisor, the job requires the Assisting Production Supervisor with the primary purpose is to support the Development Manufacturing Supervisor and Product Development
The Assistant Production supervisor will take a leading role in the development, manufacturing and packaging operations within the Oral Solid Dosage (OSD) facility with a firm emphasis on the planning and organisation of area operators, processes and daily departmental activities
To support the site leadership team in ensuring that New Product Development and commercial deliverables and facility schedule is met on time, whilst upholding the quality systems of the company.
Main duties required in the role will include
- Implementing cGMP’s in all production activities and to ensure that company SOP’s are adhered to.
- Ensuring OSD production activities run smoothly and efficiently and all projects are completed within agreed timelines.
- Supporting the manufacturing of development, registration, clinical and if necessary,
commercial batches in the OSD facility.
- Supporting the physicochemical characterisation of API’s, excipients and intermediates in support of understanding critical material and critical quality attributes of solid dosage forms.
- Reviewing of batch records and recording of critical process parameters in support of product development and
- Attending and reporting weekly schedule outputs at the development scheduling meeting.
- Requisitioning of materials and ensuring that adequate supplies of materials are available. This includes maintenance of the Pharms sample tracking and inventory system.
- Assisting in the training of development personnel and production personnel on secondment, whilst ensuring all employees training records are completed and up to date.
- Undertaking all training & development courses (both in-house and external) deemed necessary and appropriate to the job and your personal development.
- Taking responsibility for execution of development batches as per external development programs. This will require the team leader to travel and be present at contract development facilities for periods of time.
- Ensuring OSD facility areas and equipment are cleaned, maintained and fit for use.
- Performing minor maintenance on equipment and support maintenance and engineering in equipment troubleshooting where necessary.
- Promoting and maintaining good employee relations.
- Managing all direct reports in a professional manner and in accordance with the company handbook.
- Ensuring operators carry out their job in a safe manner and wear appropriate clothing to include personal protective equipment.
- Ensuring the OSD facility area is always ready for internal/external regulatory audits.
- Preparation of new SOPs and updating of current SOPs.
- Reporting any breaches of SOPs, company policies, safety procedures, environmental procedures and/or quality GMP procedures.
- Avoiding yet when necessary reporting any loss of materials and product through spillage’s, contaminants etc.
- Contributing to the achievement of the Departments and Company’s EHS goals by exercising a duty of care.
- Reporting all accidents and injuries sustained in work.
- Taking part in any projects associated with the company’s Continuous Improvement Programme.
- Undertaking any necessary travel about the job.
- To assist the Development Manufacturing Supervisor and/or Manager with conducting performance reviews with Development Operators at periodic intervals and to discuss performance and possible areas of
- Ensuring the KPIs of the area are updated and met.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills, experiences and
- Experience of leading and supervising a team is preferable.
- A third level qualification in a related discipline is essential (E.G Higher Cert in Pharmaceutical
Science) with a degree being a distinct advantage.
- 4+ years Pharmaceutical manufacturing and/or packaging experience
- Proven technical competence with an excellent GMP and performance record along with the ability to excel in a team environment.
- Proven sound communication and documentation skills.
If you have the skillset required and you want to make the move into a leadership role, please send me your CV or call Shane Gleeson on 045907107 to discuss.