Cpl are currently working as the exclusive recruitment partner with a leading Pharmaceutical company based in Dublin 13.
We’re currently working to support them to source and recruit 2 Automation Engineering professionals for their purpose built site in Dublin 13 as it approaches its first move into commercial batch production. The site in Baldoyle is a newly constructed purpose-built facility for the manufacturing of one of their key new products in their Respiratory business unit.
At the moment there are two roles open – the first role is for an experienced Automation Engineer and the 2nd role is for a Lead Automation Engineer or Automation Engineering Manager.
Both roles are new full-time perm job opportunities to join the engineering and automation team in a newly built and completely bespoke Respiratory Drug Manufacturing site.
The company has an additional 3 sites across Dublin with an overall workforce of 1200 full time staff.
Supporting the Group Engineering, the Automation Engineers will have key responsibilities which include but are not limited to the following:
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in and lead project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the department’s continuous improvement program.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment.
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs.
- Design and program PLC control systems.
- Design, test and implement HMI and SCADA systems.
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify software programs written by other developers.
- Introduce equipment and processes to meet all regulatory and operational requirements.
- Co-ordinate project activities both with other Company personnel and with contractors.
- Participate and co-ordinate changes using the Company approved change control procedure where required.
- Prepare and review tender documents, URS documents and all project and validation documentation.
- Work with the automation validation engineer to ensure that all systems and programs are in full compliance with regulatory requirement and with company policies and procedures.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience working with automated control systems.
- Previous experience in Automation Engineering.
- Experience in managing and programming automation applications and PLC platforms.
- Experience of working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
The following experience is required :
Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Industrial Automation and Control systems, or equivalent.
A post-graduate qualification in Industrial Automation and Control is desirable.
At least 5 years post-qualification experience in a similar role supporting industrial automated networks and systems in a high-speed, high-volume regulated environment.
Experience with Factory Talk suite, Rockwell Pharma suite-Manufacturing Execution System (MES),Cognex Insights/ Vision Pro, Kepware, Linkmaster, Wonderware, OPC Direct Access Data loggers ,BACnet & PI_Data.
Implementation of data harvesting and development of customized reporting using databases and data historian, preferably with experience of Rockwell products.
Knowledge of Siemens Software (S7, TIA portal etc), Serialization, Schneider software and hardware, Zenon
Design, implementation, maintenance and administration of networked systems integrated across Levels 1 to 4.
Experience in control of software assets using Rockwell Asset Manager or similar.
Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley (SLC, Compact, MicroLogix) Siemens (S5, S7), Mitsubishi, and Omron.
Experience in the applications Fix32 HMI/SCADA and FactoryTalk View
Additional knowledge laser printer and vision systems would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document own work clearly and precisely to company standards.
- Good team player, good leader.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work and make decisions independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills particularly when working to tight schedules.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in cross-functional team environments, as well as independently.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication
If you are interested in these opportunities, please send us your CV along with salary expectations and we can submit your CV for review. Feedback is usually provided within 3 / 4 working days of them having received the CV’s from us.
If you want to discuss either of the opportunities in more detail, then please feel free to contact Shane Gleeson in Cpl on 0867948141 and I am contactable 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday.