Automation Manager in Pharma Manufacturing in North Dublin
Cpl are working with one of our key client partners to help them with sourcing for a critical hire in their business. Due to continued growth and additions to their existing product portfolio, they are looking to recruit a Senior Automation Manager / Automation Lead for their Respiratory Drug Product Manufacturing site in Baldoyle.
The role is an on-site role in their facility and it’s a newly created role that has not existed previously & is part of the site’s senior leadership team.
Their looking to hire in someone who can really get the best out of a team of 6-8 high performing Automation Engineers.
The preference is ideally for a senior professional with PLC background (not necessarily Delta-V)
There are significant plans for growth and it’s a very exciting and strategic pivotal role in terms of touch points across the business
If the role is of potential interest and you meet the criteria here, please send me your most up-to-date CV and I’ll review in complete confidence and reply to you within 48 hours of receipt of your CV.
Additional info on the role below and I’m happy to arrange a call with interested and suitably qualified to discuss further.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities for the new Automation Manager will include –
- You will be responsible for leading/managing key activities within the Automation team.
- You will be required to manage multiple projects and tasks to address factory automation obsolescence including equipment priority, project management to meet agreed schedules.
- The Automation Manager will retain ownership for maintaining the validated state of the automation systems and to carrying out control system revalidation.
- Focus and strive to continuously improve department processes and advance standardization related to controls technology and programming and to ensuring automation systems comply with regulatory guidelines.
- You will be co-ordinating troubleshooting of high-speed filling, assembly, and packaging equipment.
- Have a proven ability to manage training and development of personnel on specific aspects of Automation Systems.
- You will lead and support quality progress to Triage events, investigate and to address corrective actions.
- Support both internal and external regulatory audits and to develop remediation plans.
- Define automation engineering teams’ governance and procedure.
- Manage disaster recovery process and execution of system back-ups at defined intervals as part of preventative maintenance procedures.
- Collaborate with other business functions to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Lead OT/IT confluence on relevant automated systems.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ideally 5 or more years of relevant experience working with validated process equipment computerised system, majority of which you have been working with Automated Control Systems and operation technology in a GMP Environment.
- A strong inspirational leader, with the ability to lead a team of Automation Engineers/technicians from a technical, project and people leadership perspective.
- A problem solver right to solution level, with a structured approach including, using the team, completing all associated planning and design validation activity required to achieve the desired outcome.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to work with various stakeholders of all levels and within multidisciplinary teams.
- Organisational skills to map out projects, prioritize workload and keep accurate documentation.
- Understanding of automation system implementation and validation life cycle along with an understanding of the product quality impact of changes.
- Experience of system integration using Ethernet, ASi, Profibus & other industrial interfaces.
- Experience of working with vendor on obsolescence and system upgrade projects.
- Experience with SQL Server, Rockwell Factory Talk VantagePoint, drives and motion controllers.
- Subject Matter Expertise in the following areas:
o Processing equipment, Mechatronics, Automation systems, Instrumentation.
o Configuration management, familiar with Rockwell Factory Talk Asset Centre.
o Industrial controllers – Allen Bradley, Schneider Pac Drive, Siemens, and B&R PLCs, IPCs, Zenon, Wonderware, WinCC and Allen Bradley HMIs & Mitsubishi Robotics.
o Industrial vision systems, preferably Cognex VisionPro and Insight Explorer.
o Acronis Backup and Restore Software.
o Kepware OPC configuration.