Chemical Engineering Graduate or professional
Chemical Engineering professional job opportunity in Process Safety.
Cpl are working with a key client of ours who are a Heritage brand in Oral Solid Dose Manufacturing in Athlone Co. Westmeath. Due to continued business growth, there is now an immediate requirement for an EHSS professional with a Chemical Engineering and Industrial Chemistry Degree to join their Process Safety team.
The Process Safety Specialist is responsible for defining, implementing, and maintaining Process Safety programs, regulatory compliance, certifications, etc. He / She provides technical direction to the EH&S Technician and Coordinator. He / She is responsible for driving and maintaining the highest standards of Process Safety across the site. Interfacing with Corporate, Local and Governmental Agencies will be an integral part of the position so Legislation/Regulations may be favorably influenced.
The Process Safety Specialist will be based in Athlone and support the OSD manufacturing site.
As the Process Safety Specialist, you will report to the EH&S Manager and some of your Specific responsibilities of the Process Safety Specialist will include the following:
- Is familiar with the Companys Environmental Impact Assessment and ensures that all of the process safety requirements are executed in a timely fashion and reported to the relevant parties.
- Manages the PSM systems including leading PHAs, HAZOPs, etc.
- Works with the EH&S Manager to facilitate training and implementation of PSM standards at the 2 sites.
- Provides technical assistance to the EH&S Technician.
- Ensures collection and distribution of process safety data and reports required for local, corporate, and regulatory requirements. Generates monthly process safety report for the EH&S manager.
- Assists the EH&S manager to liaise between regulatory agencies in matters concerning permits, development of regulations and plant compliance issues. Represents the company in matters concerning process safety protection with the local community.
- Reviews master batch records, change control and equipment alteration documents for matters relating to process safety protection.
- Coordinates monitoring process safety monitoring program to verify compliance with EH&S regulations.
- Directs the planning, implementation and use of effective process safety monitoring programs.
- Ensures the efficient operation of process safety control systems that are currently in use at the plant and propose improvements were warranted.
- Helps investigate process safety accidents or near misses to determine causes and preventive measures
- Assists the EH&S Technician in process safety related assignments where necessary as directed by the EH&S manager
Qualifications and Experience
The successful Process Safety Specialist will possess a BSc. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related degree or equivalent with a minimum of 1 3 years experience in industry and ideal professional sectors are Pharma, Chemicals, Oil and Gas etc.
- The successful candidate will have knowledge of OSHA, EPA & NFPA regulations and guidelines.
- The successful candidate will plan and direct the work of others and delegate effectively.
- The successful candidate will possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- The successful candidate will have knowledge of industrial/chemical plant operations.
- The successful candidate will have knowledge of hazardous materials, plant, and lab operations.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the area process and equipment.
A relocation package will also be provided.
- Highly competitive Base Salary
- Annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
- Excellent pension scheme
- Medical insurance for employee and his/her dependents
- Full life assurance and sick pay policy
- Education support.
If you are interested in this new and challenging opportunity in the midlands, then please send your CV for immediate and confidential review to [email protected] and I will review and reply to you within 24 hours
- What is your relevant 3rd level qualification for this role ?
- Have you got at least 1 – 2 years Process Safety Engineer experience ?
- Is Athlone a suitable location for you ?