My client is one if Ireland’s leading providers of Environmental and Waste Management Services, due to continued business growth; they are looking to recruit an experienced Contracts Manager.
This is an exciting new full time position with the leading Haz Waste management company in Ireland.
Duties included the day to day management of nationwide contracts division:
- You need to be well organised and disciplined. Experience in management of a team would be beneficial as well as experience in day to day employee relations.
- Ability to organise and manage multiple crews on sites nationwide.
- Strong focus on health and safety, legislation, generation of method statements, risk assessments, safe plans of action etc.
- A working knowledge and experience in preventative maintenance of plant and equipment/ certification and calibration of plant and equipment.
- You will be required to be a hands on contracts manager.
- You will have an involvement in the specifying and purchasing of new equipment.
- You need to be a team player, working effectively within a management structure to ensure the smooth running of the division.
You will possess a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent.
A Health and Safety Qualification is a distinct advantage or alternatively relevant Health and Safety experience would be essential.
The successful contract manger will have the following commercial skills.
- The ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Actively being involved in pricing and quoting for business.
- A proven ability to manage key accounts, building relationships with clients and maximising return.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites nationwide and work flexible hours when the business requires.
- Someone who has the ability to spot margin enhancing opportunities.
Site management and supervision:
- A proven ability to manager projects / works on client sites.
- You will have the ability to take ownership of contracts and to take control of the project/ drive on the works etc.
- Ability to lead the team on site and ensure health and safety/ quality/ progress issues are adhered to at all times.
- A strong health and safety focus: especially when related to working in a highly regulated industry with high compliance clients/ working in hazardous areas, confined space entry etc./ working with hazardous materials; hydrocarbons, solvents, acids and alkalis, organic wastes.
- You will be the direct point of contact for client.
- You must have the ability to generate and implement method statements, risk assessments and safe plans of action and ensure procedures are followed and are in compliance with current legislation.
- Ability to travel throughout the country is critical in this job.
- You will display excellent leadership, motivational and management skills.
- You will have excellent communication skills and a proven track record for delivering projects on time and within budget.
An excellent salary, bonus, company vehicle, phone, lap top etc… are on offer for the successful candidate. This is a great opportunity to joining a leading expanding company who are leader in the Haz Waste sectors in Ireland and the UK. Those interested should send their CV for consideration or call Shane on 045907107.
- What is your relevant 3rd level qualification for this role ?
- Have you experience in preparing method statements and risk assessments ?
- Do you have a full clean driving licence ?
If you are interested in this vacancy then please send your Cv for immediate or call Shane in Flexsource Recruitment at 045907107