Environmental Health & Safety Manager Job
My client is a global brand in a highly regulated industry. There is an immediate job requirement for a Senior Environmental & Safety Manager in their manufacturing site in South Dublin.
EHS or SHE Manager key requirements are –
- The job requires the EHS Manager to develop, co-ordinate and implement the legally required site safety programmes. All of which are carried out in accordance with EU regulations governing the clients specific Processing industry.
- The job will require you to own the site EHS management plan to ensure legal compliance, on-site personnel and site environmental protection and loss controls.
- You will also liaise directly with internal and external stakeholders including the EPA.
- The EHS Manager will be a key contributor to a number of on-going facility upgrade projects on 2 sites in Dublin West and Dublin south.
- You will ensure the implementation and compliance with the requirements of all relevant national and EU SHE legislation, Corporate SHE standards and Integrated Pollution Control licences.
- EHS manager will be responsible for the maintenance of accreditation to ISO and OHSAS 1800 and participation in Internal and External audits and regularly maintain and update the Company’s Safety Statements and Safety rules.
- You will co-ordinate risk assessments and all aspects of Accident Investigation
- EHS Manager has directly responsibility for budget controlling, third parties supervision and supervision of all SHE activities within the company.
- You will Identify and provide SHE training programmes for all employees.
- In the EHS Manager job you are responsible for communication with third parties – regulatory bodies including the HSA, EPA and local authorities.
The successful EHS Manager will possess:
- Third level Degree in Engineering or a relevant 3rd level safety qualification
- IOSH or relevant membership and knowledge.
- Previous in an Atex or related environment is highly desirable.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent communicate and Interpersonal skills are essential for this job.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Team player and a good problem solver.
- Good Organisational abilities
Ideally the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the management of EHS functions in ATEX or SEVESO 2 rated manufacturing industries.
You will need to have a proven background in the implementation of environmental and safety management systems and ideally in ATEX grade and GMP (FDA & HPRA) regulated manufacturing facilities.
You will be a subject matter expert for ensuring site compliance with IPPC Licensing and Seveso / COMAH Regulations.
If you are interested in this new job opportunity and want to be key member of the site leadership team and a part of a global leader in their sector, if you have the proven qualifications and experience in the manufacturing industries matching ATEX and Seveso standards – then send me your CV or call me on 04597107 to discuss in complete confidence.