My client is a leading recognised global brand in the chemical and adhesives manufacturing industry. As the world leader in their industry the company have a global workforce more than 55,000 staff and a sales turnover in 2017 more than 18.2 billion euro.
Due to continued growth and an internal promotion in one of their Irish facilities, there is an immediate job requirement for an experience EHS Specialist in their Chemical manufacturing plants in Tallaght and Ballyfermot.
Safety Health and Environmental Specialist for Dublin 24 + 12
Duties and Responsibilities of the position:
- In the role you will require the knowledge and experience for implementing and maintaining existing EHS management systems in line with recognized standards (preferably OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001).
- The EHS Specialist will have the proven ability to conduct thorough risk assessments including environmental, task, equipment, chemical and machinery risk assessments.
- Providing day to day EHS business unit support as required and this will rotate on a quarterly basis across 4 – 6 different business units on 2 sites.
- Tracking and reporting to the site leadership team of KPI’s for the sites EHS performance on a monthly basis.
- Delivery of EHS training programmes to existing staff, new hires and contractors visiting the site.
- Continuing to support the upgrading and development of standard operating procedures for Bulk Chemical plant operations.
- Experience in incident / accident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Experience of permitting systems and contractor management will be a key factor for the EHS Specialist.
- You will prepare site specific Method Statements.
- Ability to independently lead EHS projects and initiatives on 2 sites, across multiple business units and working with many stakeholders across the organisation.
Qualifications and experience required.
- The successful EHS candidate will have a recognised third level qualification in Safety and Health and / or Environmental Science / or Engineering related.
- The job requires you to attend all project meetings to ensure that H&S remains in focus for all project activities. Ensure that the company are totally compliant with relevant health and safety legislation;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in an environmental health and safety role.
- Prior experience of working in a chemical related industry, an Atex environment or SEVESO 2 grade facility are a distinct advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Self-directed with demonstrated efficient work methods, problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensuring prompt and efficient chase-up and close out site corrective actions on a timely basis;
- Provide up to date and accurate information to the Site Manager and /or Operations Director as required.
If you are interested in this exciting new job opportunity then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 045907107