My client is a world leader in the chemical manufacturing sector & due to continued business growth they have a job vacancy for an experienced Electrical Utilities / Facilities Technician in Dublin 24.
Electrical Utilities Technician job
The job requires the Electrical Utilities / Facilities Technician to set-up, install and maintain and support packaging and manufacturing equipment to ensure optimum performance and support the achievement of operation goals.
Electrical Utilities Technician Job Description:
- The job requires the Electrical Utilities / Facilities Technician to provide day to day Electrical Utilities and engineering services in a busy high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Electrical Utilities / Facilities Technician will be responsible for the Zone / Line performance and overall maintenance and repair of the equipment and machinery.
- Electrical Utilities / Facilities Technician should be able to multitask and solve problems that arise on site. The job requires these problems to be resolved quickly and efficient.
- Cost effective design solutions should be provided on a weekly basis for the plant and equipment requirements.
- Always be maintaining accurate and up to date maintenance documentation.
- Delivering a high-quality maintenance service to production.
- Ensure that maintenance works efficiently, effectively, safely, in line with the maintenance strategy and responsible for carrying out planned work
- The Electrical Maintenance Electrician must be able to ensure tool uptime is above 95%.
- Plan work activities to improve Line Zone performance in conjunction with the Supervisor/ Lead technician.
- Ideally will be highly competent at using PLC for fault finding.
Electrical Utilities, Operational and Management systems for Chillers, Compressors, Boilers, Purified water systems
Day to day of the role:
- Plan and schedule mechanical and electrical building services maintenance
- Plan and schedule building fabric maintenance
- Assist site Contract Manager in setting up sub-contracts for identified services
- Planning and scheduling of sub-contractors visits to site
- Management of and liaison with sub-contractors when on site
- Interaction with building personnel to ensure all relevant requests are responded to and resolved
- Carry out work as per site policies, schedules, and procedures.
- Complete site documentation before and after work tasks, as appropriate
- Participate in the appropriate training.
- Carry out Risk Assessment of Equipment Maintenance Task List steps and ensure these are always kept valid.
- Update Maintenance Task List’s as appropriate
- Be familiar with all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) rules and regulations where appropriate
- Be familiar with Statutory requirements
- Be responsible for training curriculum and ensure missing requirements are completed
- Participate in Audits of the Mechanical rooms and follow up on actions
- Ensure all tools and equipment are kept in good condition
- Drive local reviews of maintenance performance data using published maintenance excellence KPI results Ensure that the CMMS system contains the most up to date information regarding equipment data, spares, and maintenance man-hours
The following are the Required Key skills for this role:
- Proven Electrical experience, 5 years minimum and good understanding of the fundamentals of the various facilities and building services systems
- Pumps, HVAC Systems, Compressors, Boilers, steam systems and ancillary services, (DHW skids), Chilled water systems; electrical distribution, lighting etc
- Building Management Systems (Scada)
- Good understanding of Preventive Maintenance Systems
- Experience within a Computerized Maintenance Management Work Order system environment.
- Experience with documented Permit to Work System
- Computer literate
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s.
The successful Electrical Utilities Technician job candidate will possess:
- At least 8 years’ trade experience as an Electrical Maintenance Electrician.
- The ideal candidate would be coming from a large-scale manufacturing site such as Chemical process background or alternatively from FMCG, Bottling, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical or related industries and ideally within a Lean Six Sigma environment.
- There may also be occasion when you will need to support a busy production department that includes multiple high-speed packaging and bottling lines.
- If so, then ins this additional support role
- You will be required to trouble shoot and repair damaged or poor performing equipment.
- Assist in the compilation and presenting of technical feedback on engineering performance relating to yield output, downtime and where necessary, you and the other technicians will make engineering improvements and enhancements to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Knowledge of ATEX regulations is another distinct advantage.
If you are interested then please submit your CV for review to [email protected] and myself and my work colleague Treasa Prior [email protected] will get back to you within 48 hours of receiving your CV.
Please note that due to the specific requirement here, you MUST be a National Trade Qualified Electrical or Maintenance Electrician for this role.