The Company I represent are engaged in the medical products manufacturing business. They have a number well established bases in Ireland and the site in North Dublin continues to expand offering terrific employment and professional development opportunities.
Engineering Manager Job
My client is a leading global brand in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, based in North Dublin due to continued business growth, there is an urgent requirement for an Engineering / Maintenance Manager
The Engineering Manager must lead, develop and manage the Engineering team to ensure the delivery of plant and service across all Production Process is in line with the overall strategy and compliance with all relevant legislation.
Engineering Manager Job Description:
- The job requires implementation & management of Engineering strategy projects which include systems of planning, controlling and measurement of plant effectiveness and efficiencies i.e. life cycle management planning.
- Managing Engineering performance, determining root cause of issues and implementing solutions.
- Identifying and assessing equipment and systems that are identified as Critical Equipment and ensuring the correct Engineering policy is in place incl. spares holding.
- Ensuring preventative Engineering programs are in place.
- It is vital that the Engineering Manager is able to identify and manage on-going cost reduction and material productivity.
- Delivering on agreed KPI’s of plant availability, effectiveness and costs.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other Engineering managers to progress engineering at the site.
- It is vital that the Engineering Manager should be able to multi task and solve problems that arise on the site.
- The job requires these problems to be resolved quickly and efficient.
- Preparation and control of the plant engineering budgets.
The successful Engineering Manager will possess:
- A relevant qualification.
- At least 6 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communicate and Interpersonal skills are essential for this job.
- Ability to analyse data and make decisions on findings.
- Team player attitude.
- Strong people management experience.
- Engineering Manager must be able to multi task and have a proven track record.
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills.
- A strong working knowledge of CMMS systems i.e. Maximo, PEMAC, SAP PM.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and counselling.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Ability to deal with and manage change.
- Able to work well with all departments in a driven way.
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office (Word, excel and MS Project), SAP (MM and PM)