Engineering Manager Pharma in Dungarvan
Cpl are working as the exclusive recruitment partner to support one of our legacy client partners who due to an internal promotion, we are now supporting them with recruiting an Engineering Manager for their Pharma manufacturing site in Dungarvan Co. Waterford
The company are a leading recognised global brand in the manufacture of a range of pharma medication products as well as a range of Oral Hygiene products.
Reporting directly to the site General Manager and working closely with numerous stakeholders across the entire site, this is a full-time perm job opportunity to join a Legacy Brand and Global #1 in drug product and Oral Hygiene product manufacturing.
You will be a key member of the site Leadership team and managing a team of high performing engineering and craft personnel.
The Engineering Manager has responsibilities for all aspects of Engineering support for 2 adjacent pharma drug product and oral healthcare manufacturing sites including all Engineering Support to the manufacturing sites well as all Utilities, Facilities, Projects, CAPEX, Automation and Site Security for the 2 sites.
The following is a non-exhaustive list expressing the main responsibilities, duties and tasks associated with the role.
- Managing the Engineering Group, to include recruitment & selection, training and development, and performance management of staff.
- Planning, organising, directing, and controlling activities within the Engineering Group to meet defined company, plant, and engineering objectives.
- Managing the engineering budget to include the assembly of yearly budgets, adhering to budgets, instigating cost improvement projects to reduce budget spend and management of the capital expenditure programme for the Plant.
- Management of all internal and external construction projects. Previous demonstrable experience of construction must be evident
- Leading CAPEX and major site projects
- Inputting and driving a 5-year site plan in terms of Engineering strategy and support.
- Working with QA to develop the area of automation within the plant and compliance to data integrity
- Ensuring all engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP standards (HPRA and FDA amongst others) and current Environmental Health and Safety Standards and Legislation
- Initiating and promoting cross functional partnerships to ensure the Plant Team consisting of Internal Manufacturing, Technical Affairs Engineering and EHS are working together effectively to meet plant objectives. Working closely with Internal Manufacturing to ensure customer delivery targets are met.
- Managing all engineering systems including facilities calibrations, facilities preventative maintenance, change controls and KPI indicators
- Reporting on departmental performance.
- Managing all aspects of security within the company, including the contract security company which provides after hours cover.
- Managing engineering activities to provide a high level of service with minimum disruption to business operations.
- Leading the engineering team in process designs, development, continuous improvement, and any engineering aspects of technology transfer projects from other sites or building projects.
The successful candidate will have graduated with a minimum of Level 8 BEng qualification in engineering and will possess the following Knowledge, Skills, and Experiences.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, gained in a compliant, dynamic, solid dosage or/ and sterile / biotech finished pharmaceutical environment, preferably with an FDA accredited plant.
- Experience in facilities/utilities management, automation, and projects. A Project Management qualification is desirable.
- Highly effective people management skills – Experience of managing engineers at all levels along with cross functional teams. (Min 5 years)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills- Must be well organised in approach to work and disciplined in the evaluation of priorities and reaction to same.
- Must be able to thrive in an environment where there can be simultaneously many number one priority
- Logical and analytical problem-solving skills (a solution provider rather than a problem provider)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written along with an ability to communicate ideas, concepts, and projects clearly and positively
- Should enjoy working with a committed and enthusiastic Plant Management Group to achieve overall plant and company goals.
- Previous experience in working within a high containment environment a distinct advantage
- Previous experience in working within Pharma or GMP or BRC Large Scale manufacturing site
Given the seniority of the role “this is an on-site position and is not offering a hybrid working model” but there will of course be a degree of flexibility but in general, the main requirement will be that as the Sites Engineering Manager, you will be available to be onsite Monday to Friday as required.
Key Skills required:
Engineering Management, Engineering Planning, Project Engineering, Engineering Project Management, Technical Engineering, Operation Engineering, Engineering Processes, Reliability Engineering, Capital Projects, Automation, Facilities Management, Utilities, Pharmaceutical Finished Product facility
If you are interested in this “challenging and equally rewarding career with a legacy brand and a rapidly expanding business” then please send your CV in complete confidence to [email protected] and I’ll review the CV and reply to you within 48 hours.