Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, the site engineering lead roles will require you to be responsible for leading the activities of the site Capital Projects, Process Engineering and Maintenance teams.
The Lead Engineer is primarily responsible for overseeing capital spend, project implementation, and Commissioning, Qualification and Validation (CQV) execution for the College Park site.
You will ensure that all maintenance activities, calibrations and statutory inspection activities are executed to schedule and in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
The roles requires the Site Engineering Lead to be responsible for the management of the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
To succeed in this role, you will require a high level of enthusiasm and drive, excellent attention to detail and diligence is a key requirement.
as it the ability to lead a diverse team and work collaboratively with different site functions.
The Site Engineering Lead will have ownership for the following
- Leadership of the Projects, Process Engineering and Utilities teams.
- Leadership of capital projects through all phases of projects – conceptual design, detailed design, equipment procurement, construction, installation, start-up, commissioning, qualification and handover.
- Application of structured project management skills to manage multiple projects using a combination of internal and external resources.
- You are responsible for the Implementation of project management policies and procedures for the site that align with corporate engineering.
- The Development of a capital master plan and corporate approval for capital projects.
- Prioritization of projects / tasks in line with the site requirements & strategic Quality, Engineering and Operations objectives.
- Development and management of an effective metrics management process for capital projects.
- Maintenance of capital project budgets and cash flow forecasts; tracking and reporting actual expenditures against forecasts.
- Supporting ongoing operations by providing CQV execution support through the Change Control Process.
- Driving the handover or systems through training and the generation of operations and technical documentation.
- Supporting the generation of sustaining phase qualification / requalification plans.
- Development, implementation and execution of the maintenance program for Process and Utilities systems, ensuring completion of preventative maintenance and sustaining equipment improvement activities.
- Management of the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Management of maintenance performance metrics.
- Management of the equipment reliability / redundancy programme.
- Management of spare parts and consumables.
- Planning and execution of maintenance shutdown activities.
- Management of the maintenance operating expense budget.
- Improvement of Process and Utilities system compliance, performance and reliability through technical knowledge and people leadership.
- Provision of support to Manufacturing Operations, Technical Operations and Quality teams.
- Investigation, using structured problem-solving techniques, of equipment performance deviations, including identification of root-cause and effective preventative actions.
- Identification and implementation of equipment and process safety maintenance and inspection procedures.
- Provision of technical support and project execution in the implementation of site EHS policies, including Process Safety, Permit-to-Work, Energy Management.
- Planning internal and external resources to ensure activities are completed in a timely manner and site goals are achieved.
- Providing timely and accurate central reporting on team activities to the sponsors and Plant Leadership.
- Development and maintenance of strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners across Mallinckrodt.
- Preparation, implementation and maintenance of integrated engineering / process risk management plans.
- As part of the Engineering team, driving improvements in safety through technical improvements and culture change.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualification in a related Engineering discipline (Chemical, Mechanical, Biotechnology, etc.).
- Minimum 7 or more years relevant experience in a cGMP commercial manufacturing environment.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Demonstrated job history of increasing job responsibility.
- Team leadership.
- Experience in project leadership and delivery.
- Experience in identifying priorities for assignment of resources and time.
- Experience of working in / leading a capital engineering / project implementation programme.
- Detailed knowledge of current CQV best-practices, industry standards and regulator expectations.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the generation and execution of process and utility qualification documentation.
- Experience in managing Utilities / Facilities / Maintenance systems in a GMP manufacturing environment. A deep knowledge of industry and regulatory minimum requirements and best practices is required.
- Experience of operating / managing a CMMS, preferably SAP.
- Direct experience of implementing equipment reliability principles and management programmes.
- Experience in the application of lean principles and structured problem-solving techniques.
- Budget management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement improvement initiatives.
If you are interested in this exciting new job opportunity then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 045907107