Mechanical Maintenance Technicians will be a key member of a multi-skilled and multi-disciplined engineering team with the team’s main responsibility to maintain, repair and improve the operation of electrical, pneumatic and mechanical equipment and systems in an automated Timber and Lumber production facility
Mechanical Maintenance Technician Job Description:
- The job requires the Mechanical Maintenance Technician to provide maintenance and repair of automated equipment and systems in a Heavy Plant Environment
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician must complete preventive maintenance on equipment; to review and improve maintenance routines; the job requires carrying out repairs to equipment when failures occur.
The typical type of plant equipment will include the following:
- High speed and high volume sawing and milling machines
- High speed packaging and production lines
- PLC controlled conveyor systems
- Mechanical lifting / destacking machines (e.g. pattelisters and stackers)
- General maintenance to site services and facilities, including a HVAC systems
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician must assist in the co-ordination of the electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and packaging equipment, also pneumatic control systems
- It is vital that the Mechanical Maintenance Technician carry’s out and takes part in regular safety audits of the equipment and systems in all sections of the plant, up to and including taking corrective actions.
- Ensure that proper authorisations are obtained for all outside contract works and materials.
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician must ensure that Health and Safety regulations and policies are adhered to at all times and report any infringements of these regulations immediately.
The successful Mechanical Maintenance Technician will possess:
- You must be qualified Mechanical fitter
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience in providing mechanical maintenance in a Heavy Machine / Manufacturing environment
- You must have experience with a computerised maintenance scheduling system, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and WMS diagnostics
- Excellent working knowledge of Pneumatics, PLC’s and Sensors.
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician must have a proven track record.
- You must be flexible in this position and be prepared to undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to time, which may be outside the area of your normal duties.
- Team player and a good problem solver.
- Excellent communicate and Interpersonal skills are essential for this job
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Those interested for the Mechanical Maintenance Technician Job should submit their CV for immediate review call or call Shane Gleeson on 045-907107.