My client is a world leader in the chemical manufacturing sector & due to continued business growth they have a job vacancy for an experienced Maintenance Fitter in Dublin.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician job
The job requires the Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to set-up, install and maintain and support packaging and manufacturing equipment to ensure optimum performance and support the achievement of operation goals.
Mechanical Maintenance Fitter Job Description:
- The job requires the Maintenance Fitter to provide day to day engineering services in a busy high speed manufacturing environment.
- You will be responsible for the Zone / Line performance and overall maintenance and repair of the equipment and machinery.
- Mechanical or Mechanical Maintenance Fitter should be able to multi task and solve problems that arise on site. The job requires these problems to be resolved quickly and efficient.
- Cost effective design solutions should be provided on a weekly basis for the plant and equipment requirements.
- Always be maintaining accurate and up to date maintenance documentation.
- Delivering a high quality maintenance service to production.
- Ensure that maintenance works efficiently, effectively, safely, in line with the maintenance strategy and responsible for carrying out planned work
- The Mechanical Maintenance Fitter must be able to ensure tool uptime is above 95%.
- Plan work activities to improve Line Zone performance in conjunction with the Supervisor/ Lead technician.
- Ideally will be highly competent at using PLC for fault finding.
The successful Mechanical Maintenance Fitter candidate will possess:
- At least 8 years’ trade experience as a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter.
- The ideal candidate would be coming from a Chemical process background or alternatively from FMCG, Bottling, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical or related industries and ideally within a Lean Six Sigma environment.
- You will provide key engineering support to a busy production department that includes multiple high speed packaging and bottling lies.
- You will be required to trouble shoot and repair damaged or poor performing equipment
- Assist in the compilation and presenting of technical feedback on engineering performance relating to yield output, downtime and where necessary, you and the other technicians will make engineering improvements and enhancements to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Knowledge of ATEX regulations is another distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills are essential for this job.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Maintenance Fitter must be able to multi task and have a proven track record.
- Team player and a good problem solver.
- PLC / Controller experience (programming an advantage).
- National Craft Senior Trades Fitter Qualification is essential to be considered for this job.
- You must be flexible in this position and be prepared to undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to time, which may be outside the area of your normal duties.
If you are interested then please submit your CV for review to email@example.com or call me on 045907107 to discuss
Do you have a National Craft Senior Trades FITTER Certification ?
How many years in high speed manufacturing do you have ?
Have you ever worked in an ATEX or GMP regulated environment ?