Role Purpose: The Maintenance Team Leader is responsible for planning and coordinating maintenance activity and overseeing the duties undertaken by the Maintenance Engineers. This will include effective planned maintenance and efficient reactive maintenance .
Accountable to: Maintenance Manager
Direct Reports: Maintenance Engineers (approximately 7 over 3 shifts)
Key Relationships: Department Managers, Team Leaders, Maintenance, Operations and Quality Team, external maintenance suppliers, contractors and service providers.
Reliability / Services
- Develop and ensure effective implementation of the preventative maintenance plan.
- Ensure statutory inspections are carried out and all issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Service Contract vendors and ensure all visiting contractors carry out services to acceptable standards
- Develop and implement corrective action plans following surveys such as Infrared Thermographs and Vibration Analysis
- Carry out structured 5 Why and premature failure analysis (PFAs), logging events and findings and implementing corrective actions in a timely manner
- Lead and support structured continuous improvement initiatives
- Following repair / maintenance / installation ensure settings or calibrations are correct and report immediately any conditions that may impinge upon finished product quality
- Ensure machine histories and other maintenance records are updated as work is undertaken
- To co-ordinate and prioritise the work activities for shift personnel in collaboration with the Maintenance Manager with emphasis on health and food safety, quality operational efficiency.
- Coach and develop direct reports through regular one to ones and formal Performance review process
- Set clear standards, objectives and expectations for each direct report and hold them accountable for delivery.
- Promote an effective cross functional team approach.
- Map out and implement effective Personal Development Plans for all direct reports
- Ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained with each shift
- To ensure that a suitable level of quality & workmanship is maintained by all contractors, maintenance staff reporting directly to the supervisor or contractors managed on site
- Lead the daily department DMS meeting and deliver monthly Tool Box Safety Talks, document and answer questions and feedback the issues raised to the Maintenance Manager.
- Hold regular “one-on-one” meetings with Maintenance Engineers to provide effective coaching, development and support to maximise engagement and performance
- Ensure routine and timely feedback to internal customers on the status of each process critical job particularly if the work may impact product throughput or quality.
- Ensure all engineering work activities are clearly documented
- Manage the Shift Engineers holiday requests.
- Carry out and review department Risk Assessments.
- Ensure all Engineers comply with Site Safety Policies
- To identify and report formerly with immediate effect any statutory or critical plant failures that will give rise to a health & safety risk to employees, contractors or visitors to the Plant.
- Carry out Workplace inspections and implement corrective actions
- Ensure that Permit to Work is consistently utilised for all work deemed hazardous e.g. hot work, breaking into lines, etc.
- Carry out Contractor inductions
- Maintain focus on workplace safety, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with safe working procedures, ‘control measures’ identified via risk assessment and COSHH assessment.
- Ensure that accidents and incidents are thoroughly investigated and escalated and that root causes of these are identified and eliminated through preventative measures.
- Promote and lead a proactive safety culture.
- Ensure the role is performed with due regard for the requirements of the Company Equality of Opportunity Policy and Harassment Policies.
- Undertake any other duties as considered by the company to be within the scope of the role of the site Maintenance Team Leader