Cpl are delighted to be partnered with a long-standing well established Food Production Facility in Dublin 12 due to continued business growth and have a requirement to hire an experienced Maintenance or Automation Technician for their production facility.
Competitive rates, pension, subsidised canteen
Permanent | Full Time
Shift Maintenance Technician required to provide maintenance support within a brand leading high volume food production environment, with main duties as follows:
- Undertake Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting on the Bread production lines and equipment.
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled Bakery plant, handling and packaging equipment.
- Carry out Preventive & Predictive Maintenance Routines using the site CMMS (PEMAC)
- Support Production Team in achieving targets.
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs.
- Repairs to mechanical and control systems equipment including pneumatics and hydraulics.
- To be observant & work off your own initiative when a fault is detected & to take action based on your best judgment on whether to effect immediate repair or not.
- Work closely with production.
- To keep clean any areas in which you are working, including the workshop and stores
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies.
- Troubleshooting using PLC Programs.
- Be flexible if overtime is required.
- Person: Trades qualification with strong Mechanical/Electrical background.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role in regulated manufacturing environment (outside of apprenticeship)
- Multi-skilled / cross-skilled ethos
- Aptitude for process awareness, diagnostic / trouble-shooting experience gained in a Hi-volume environment
- Good team player that can use their initiative.
- Computer skills an advantage.
- Possess mechanical and electrical maintenance experience and/or qualifications.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality, Health and Safety.
- Be familiar with planned preventative maintenance.
- Experienced in fault finding and problem solving.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of high-speed mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation and PLC based control systems.
- Good PC Skills also required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in FMCG / Food manufacturing would be an advantage
- Participation as team member and willing to work on own initiative
If you are interested, then please submit your CV for review to [email protected] and I’ll get back to you with CV feedback within 48 hours of receiving your CV.
Please note that due to the specific requirement here, you MUST have a recognized National Trade Electrical or Maintenance or otherwise recognized qualification.
Do you have a National Craft Senior Trades Certification?
How many years in high-speed manufacturing do you have?