Maintenance Technician – Automation in Dublin 12
Cpl are working with our client partner to source and fill an immediate requirement for a skilled Maintenance / Automation for their bakery business in Walkinstown.
This is a fill time perm role working on a 2 cycle rotating shift of days and afternoons.
Shift Maintenance Technician required to provide maintenance support within a leading heritage Irish brand leading high volume food production environment, with main duties as follows:
- The successful candidate will need to undertake Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting on the Bread production lines and equipment.
- You will carry out Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled Bakery plant, handling and packaging equipment.
- The technician will also carry out Preventive & Predictive Maintenance Routines using the site CMMS (PEMAC) Support Production Team in achieving targets.
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs.
- Repairs to mechanical and control systems equipment including pneumatics and hydraulics.
- As a skilled and experienced technician, you will be rquired to work off your own initiative when a fault is detected & to take action based on your best judgment on whether to effect immediate repair or not.
- Work closely with production staff to ensure maximum output.
- To keep clean any areas in which you are working, including the workshop and stores.
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job related competencies.
- Troubleshooting using PLC Programs.
- Be flexible if overtime is required.
Qualifications and skills required –
- Trades qualification with strong Mechanical / Electrical background.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role in high volume manufacturing within a regulated manufacturing environment with a Multi-skilled / cross-skilled ethos.
- Aptitude for process awareness, diagnostic / trouble-shooting experience gained in a High volume environment.
- Good team player that can use their initiative.
- Possess mechanical and electrical maintenance experience and/or qualifications.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality, Health and Safety.
- Experience with planned preventative maintenance.
- Experienced in fault finding and problem solving.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of high-speed mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation and PLC based control systems.
- Good PC Skills also required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in FMCG / Food manufacturing would be an advantage. Participation as team member and willing to work on own initiative.
If you are fully qualified and experienced Maintenance Technician with at least 3 years post trade qualification experience and you are interested in a new full time perm job opportunity, please apply here or send your CV to [email protected] and I will reply to your application within 24 hours