The job requires the Maintenance Technician to provide maintenance and repair of automated equipment and systems. Electrical Maintenance must complete preventive maintenance on equipment to review and improve maintenance routines. The job requires carrying out repairs to equipment when failures occur.
Roles and key duties
- As a Maintenance Engineer within the Engineering team, you are responsible for Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting and providing technical support for the plant facilities and services, including compressed air, refrigeration and steam. The Maintenance Engineer will help support the Production Team in achieving their targets.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of plant and machinery in a food processing facility. The type of machinery are Form/ Fill/ Seal, Canning & Packaging machinery and associated feed systems, Utilities including, Steam Generation distribution, compressor, safety systems, etc.
- Installation, diagnose & repair of malfunctioning equipment. Following manuals, schematic drawing and procedures in a safe manner.
- To maintain equipment at its optimum efficiency and carry out all planned and unplanned maintenance in a timely and craft like standard.
- To carry out Mechanical work in a safe manner according to the applicable standards and regulations.
- To carry out changeovers, lubrication at the performance level expected to ensure smooth transition between different product types.
- To liaise with other shift personnel to ensure smooth transition of workload over different shifts.
- To discuss performance /Overall Efficiency issues and tackle according to the priorities of the Production/Engineering management.
- To lease with vendors as required for spare parts and technical information.
- To comply with all factory personnel procedures (Breaks, Hygiene, safety, protective clothing, etc.)
- To complete and sign as required all Control/ Check/ Customer/OM/Quality Hygiene/ Spares & Safety sheets in a timely and competent manner.
The successful Maintenance Technician will possess:
Key requirements for the job
• You must be qualified trade electrician or Technician
• At least 4 years electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in food industry
• Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance with a proven track record
• Team player and a good problem solver
• Excellent communicate and interpersonal skills are essential for this job
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines