Process Engineer – Polymer manufacturing industry in Westmeath
Cpl are a working with one of our client partners to help them source an accomplished Process Engineer for their Industrial Polymer manufacturing site in Mullingar
• Supporting the Director of Manufacturing, upon familiarising yourself with technical chemistries and complexities of the company and their product portfolio, you will target areas of potential variability in the production process that could cause an adverse reaction to batch manufacturing times and risk product quality failures.
• As the sites Lead Process Engineer, you will be required to use problem solving tools and statistical techniques (Six Sigma etc…) to identify the causes of variability and to suggest improvements
• You will support the design, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes to ensure the efficient and cost-effective manufacture of a range of polymer-based products.
o Design and arrangement of the sites manufacturing equipment to ensure effective and efficient production layout.
o Manage the testing process throughout all stages of production to ensure control over any applicable variables and to manage the trouble shooting process.
o You will ensure that all the manufacturing processes and procedures are fully compliant and to ensure that R&D activities focus on meeting GMP manufacturing standards of excellence.
Capital Project Support –
• Working alongside the site Facilities Manager, you will support the site manufacturing process and develop expertise on manufacturing equipment and interactions with the overall production process.
• You will be required to work with the facilities manager to evaluate and assess equipment suppliers, external contractors and other vendors that will support the business.
• Assisting the site leadership team with the formulation of business plans and financial costing for new product development
Supporting Production –
• You will have a particular focus on Equipment and Process improvements, supporting the site OEE programme as well as being a key stakeholder and contributor to the site’s continuous improvement programme.
• The Process Engineer when required, will support the development of Operations Strategies needed to support activities for the Injection Platform including but not limited to: Design for Moulding/Manufacturing, Cost estimates, Capital requirements, Capacities, Technology, Architecture, Capabilities Analysis, and Materials Sourcing in a regulated Pharma industry
The necessary qualifications for this Process Engineer role are:
• The ideal candidate will have at least 3 – 5 years of career experiences in Process Engineering
• At least a bachelor’s degree or above in a related engineering discipline and their preference would be Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry.
• A Six Sigma certification (Green Belt) would be preferable
You will be proficient and experienced in delivering continuous improvement initiatives within manufacturing, with knowledge and competencies in quality, validation and maintenance systems.
• You are a motivated and flexible person who can formulate detailed plans and projects with minimum supervisory influence and manage them through to completion.
• Demonstrated strong team-working skills including the ability to work effectively and influence decisions across functions, communicating effectively through verbal and written means.
• Ideally you will also have a proven track record of developing efficient, innovative and creative solutions to complex and challenging engineering problems, using established tools and frameworks. Lean/Six sigma certification would be advantageous.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• A working understanding of appropriate regulatory requirements, including 21 CFR Parts 210/211, ISPE/ICH Guidelines (including Quality by Design approach) and EudraLex would be an advantage.
If you’re interested in a new and exciting challenge in a dynamic new company who are on an exciting journey and growth path and if Mullingar is a suitable location for you, then please send me your CV in complete confidence.
I will review and reply to you within 48 hours, the role itself is live and the hiring manager will review CV’s and provide feedback within 72 hours.