My client is a global Heritage Brand in the Beverage Manufacturing sector. As the business continues along a path of rapid growth with a significant expansion plan now in place, they are currently recruiting an experienced Manufacturing professional to lead the Bottling and Packaging team Dublin.
Purpose of the job
As the Manufacturing, Bottling and Packaging Manager, you will have ownership of the Bottling and Packaging Department at the plant
Some of your primary duties are –
- To deliver a world class performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, and Morale).
- You are tasked to deliver a pipeline of highly skilled management and individual contributor Talent
Role and Responsibilities in the job
- Manage the Packaging Department and the production of products in accordance with the production schedule, BOM’s and finished product specifications.
- Champion and drive, through the Packaging Line management team, the creation and development of Autonomous work teams.
- Ensure effective systems are in place to manage:
- Tracking and analysis of daily production output.
- On-line quality assurance of finished product.
- Asset care of plant and equipment
- Bottling department budget
- Ensure corrective action to prevent substandard product being produced are in place.
- Control fixed costs and ensure regular reporting on budget compliance.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets for all labour and non-labour overheads in packaging
- product wastage and packaging material loss.
- Ensure effective business routines are adhered to including Daily Operations Review, weekly production meetings, production planning interface, maintenance planning and execution.
- Report on performance in all aspects (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, and Morale).
- Ensure all relevant business systems are up to date and accurate including: PEMAC, CMMS, SAP, etc.
People Engagement and Leadership
- Be Real, Be Remarkable, Be Responsible, role-modelling the company core values.
- Lead & develop a competitive and collaborative High-Performance line Management team.
- Enable team members to deliver in their roles and develop to future senior positions in the business.
- As a people manager, assume responsibility for increasing Diversity and Talent in the organisation.
- Set goals together with the team and in alignment with site and company objectives.
- Ensure delivery of targets across the areas of productivity, quality, costs, service, safety and morale.
- Manage Agency relationship & Contract Negotiations
- Manage department related employee relations (Tier 3) challenges, issues and/or concerns in pragmatic and constructive manner.
- Ensure Team are delivering on their employee development and compliance obligations
- Support, champion and embed an agile continuous improvement mindset in IDL, Production and your direct team
- Identify and implement any relevant continuous improvement initiatives, in line with site strategic plan and as agreed with GM of Bottling Operations.
- At all times work to reduce and eliminate waste and identify opportunities to improve business processes.
- Support the introduction of problem solving approaches as detailed in the Focused Improvement work practice and ensure required leadership and drive in place to deliver improvement projects.
Compliance and Safety
- You will ensure on the job that every employee has a duty of care to ensure the safety and wellbeing of themselves and others.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, health, environment, and quality legislation, procedures and standards in the workplace.
- Model safety behaviour that will build a culture of safety as opposed to merely compliance.
- Understand, communicate and mitigate against bottling specific safety risks (e.g. high-speed packaging equipment, glass breaks, slips, trips and falls, etc.).
As the ideal candidate, you will posses the Following Qualifications and Experience
- BSc Degree in Engineering / Production / Food Science discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a similar role
- Working Knowledge of High Speed Packaging machinery
- You will have completed Green Belt in Lean or Lean Sigma desirable or significant working understanding of lean manufacturing excellence techniques.
- Experience delivering change in a manufacturing environment
- Experience coaching Line Management Teams through change
- Proven track record of developing High Performing teams
- Ability to act as a trusted coach, manage performance and enable the development of assigned team.
- Strong financial awareness, understanding of business drivers, budgeting processes.
- Excellent process improvement and problem-solving skills.
- Considerable experience in the use of Data Analytics as a driver of business performance
- Computer literate.
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning.
Personal characteristics for success in this job include –
- You will be Passionate about and have a proven track record of developing agile High-Performance Teams
- Sees people development as key to business delivery
- A developed continuous Improvement mindset
- Be self-aware and driven to deliver beyond expectations
- Ability to positively impact and influence with or without direct line authority.
- Strength of character to challenge poor team behaviours.
- Have an “Agile” mindset and respond to change in a positive and flexible manner.
- Proactive, structured and logical problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in this exciting job opportunity with one of the most progressive manufacturing firms in Ireland then please send me your CV in the strictest of confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0867948141 and I can discuss the role further along with the excellent salary and benefits package on offer.