My client is an Irish owned manufacturing company who specialise in the manufacturing and Conversion of Mercedes-Benz Mini Coaches for high-end clients. Due to continued business growth and expansion, they now have a requirement to recruit an experienced Production Manager.
As Production Manager you will own the production schedule for Manufacturing and will direct and manage the production of high-quality vehicles in a timely manner ensuring that they meet all customer expectations in accordance with the company’s values and objectives.
One of the core tasks in your role as Production Manager will be to review the current production management model and to recommend and implement changes and process improvements and to focus on SLA delivery and continuous improvements.
The responsibilities and day-to-day duties of the Production Manager:
- This job requires the management of annual operating plans for Production, ensuring that the company delivers on production commitments within associated departments
- Ensure that production is run in accordance to strict deadlines meeting specifications using Lean principals and methodologies to ensure systems and processes are optimised, fir for use whilst improving efficiency, eliminating waste
- Supervise and appraise performance of production personnel (approx. 40 production staff)
- You will liaise with the wider management team to formulate objectives, goals and ensure continuity of supply to meet production targets, inclusive of budget delivery and output
- Ensure quality standards and Health & Safety are adhered to at all times.
The successful Production Manager will possess:
- You will have proven Experience in SME Manufacturing, or related industry, with knowledge of Production ERP systems, operations and standards required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in production management role is necessary.
- The Production Manager will have Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast-paced operational setting and successful continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience in managing and leading a team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximise efficient productivity.
- You will have proven Clear communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- A Highly organised management professional.
- Hands on, can work in the detail and also take strategic view.
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills.
- High energy and drive for results.
- Willingness to carry out overseas travel to trade shows and suppliers where necessary.
- Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at management level.
If you meet the above criteria and you are interested in a new, exciting and calling role then please send me you CV in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org