Production Operator Mullingar
Cpl are delighted to be partnering with a new start-up business based in Mullingar Co. Westmeath who specialise in Organic Polymer Engineering and Manufacturing”.
The role itself is a newly created perm position for a Production Operator on a full-time day shift position and one of the key attractions here is that because this is purely a newly built start-up facility in Mullingar, this role will be a very progressive job opportunity and offer an excellent career path.
The role itself is position as a Manufacturing Operator but as the client are looking to recruit in a professional with 1-2 years experience in high volume and regulated manufacturing and ideally with a least a Level 7 qualification
Manufacturing Operator Job Description:
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, the Production Operator will primarily be responsible for supporting the manufacture and supply of Medical Grade Bio-Polymer products.
All manufacturing is carried out in a Clean Room environment to ISO 13485 regulations and standards.
Manufacture of Polymer based medical products as per SOP
The job requires the manufacturing operator to be flexible and have the ability to maintain focus whilst under pressure.
It is essential that Process Technician is coming from a high-volume manufacturing background with a minimum of 2 years direct experience in a high speed high volume manufacturing environment.
In the role as Manufacturing Process Technician, you will be able to multitask and work on own initiative
Receipt and inspection of raw materials for use in final manufacture
- Ensure compliance of manufacturing operations with relevant regulations and standards associated with cGMP including data integrity, ISO 14001, EMAS, Health & Safety Legislation and Environmental Legislation.
- Timely and comprehensive reporting of all hazardous occurrences, incidents, deviations & abnormal occurrences.
- Ensure compliance of manufacturing operations with all site standards, policies and procedures. Knowledge of these standards must be kept up to date using site training programs
- Ensure that the production plants are operated to optimum efficiency.
- Provide input and support for continuous improvement initiatives in Manufacturing and other areas as required, includes identifying opportunity for improvements in efficiencies, operations and procedures.
- Closely monitor the operation of the plant and process both in the field and from the plant control systems to ensure compliance with process requirements.
- Perform all activities/operations as required and defined in the relevant documentation (e.g. SOPs, MIR).
- Prepare ingredients and processing requirements for batches and load prescribed quantities to batches.
- Take and deliver samples to the laboratory.
- Clean the plant area and process ancillary equipment, maintaining general housekeeping at a high level.
- Calibrate Manufacturing instruments in line with current procedures and as directed by the Team Leader/Senior operator.
- Actively participate in training programmes and continuous improvement or other initiatives as directed by the Team Leader.
- Carry out minor repairs/adjustments to plant and ancillary equipment where possible and as authorised.
- Operation of fork truck or other materials handling equipment as required.
- Perform the required duties of other areas assigned to (provided you are trained to do so) such as Warehouse & Materials Management, Environment & Utilities.
- Participate in the preparation and update of Manufacturing SOPs or Manufacturing related documentation as directed by the Team Leader.
- Support inter manufacturing campaign cleaning and product changeovers including the completion of all associated tasks as set out in the CIR
- Ensure daily scheduled activities are complete, this may require unforeseen flexibility around the site core business hours. Batches must be progressed to a safe holding point before activities are concluded.
- Support and cooperate with other departments to maintain site goals and KPIs
- Other issues as directed by the Team Leader and /or Senior Operator.
Qualifications / Education Required:
The successful Production Operator should possess the following knowledge, skills, qualifications, attributes and experiences.
- Further education in a related field, preferably a Higher Cert in Pharmaceutical Science. A minimum of leaving cert, or equivalent, is a must.
- At least 1 years manufacturing experience working within a cGMP Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. (HPRA/FDA approved), with in-depth understanding of cGMP Quality systems and their implication in a manufacturing context.
- Experience of Pharma, Med Dev, Polymer, Chemical or API manufacturing, with sound knowledge of related machinery and their operations would be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify technical issues andfollow up with corrective actions.
- The ability to work in a team environment where individuals often set priorities and complete work activities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with short timelines and meet strict deadlines.
- Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of others.
- OpEx / LSS certification to White Belt or above would be an advantage.
Those interested in the Manufacturing Operator job opportunity should apply here or send me your CV to [email protected] and I will reply back to you with initial feedback with 24 hours.
Do you have 1+ years experience in high volume automated manufacturing?
Have you worked on high-speed packaging lines, bottling lines or similar?
How far do you live from Mullingar?