JO-2105-467818 Quality and Compliance Manager
Cpl are partnering exclusively to support our North Co. Offaly based client who are leading heritage brand in Vehicle Conversions. With a national and international customer portfolio, due to rapid business growth there is now and immediate requirement to recruit an accomplished Senior Quality Engineering professional to join the senior management team.
This is a new role to support the Executive leadership team on their continued expansion programme.
The Company themselves are is one of the leading vehicle converters in Ireland and the UK and is now growing to become an internationally recognised vehicle conversion specialist.
Headquartered in Co. Offaly and also with a production facility the UK and employing c. 120 people across both sites.
They provide vehicle conversions for the ambulance services, fire services, GARDA and military as well as customised vehicles for the commercial & industrial sectors. The client’s extensive customer base extends throughout Ireland, England, Scotland & Wales, The Isle of Wight and Jersey, with Exports to Cyprus, Trinidad & Tabago and Abu Dhabi.
This Quality, Compliance or Engineering Manager role is a senior management appointment to the company and will be key in the future development of the company.
As the successful candidate, you should have a 3rd Level Qualification with a minimum of 3 years Quality Management experience preferably in high volume custom engineering solutions or another high volume regulated industry such as FMCG, Med Dev, Pharma etc..
As the successful candidate, you candidate will also have hands on experience developing and implementing Continuous Improvement Programmes in an engineering environment that will help drive the organization forward through its next phase of development.
To succeed in this new role, you will have excellent communication and project/programme management skills and be used to operating in a fast moving team environment where change needs to be proactively controlled and managed.
- The successful candidate must have experience of implementing and working within an ISO 9001-2015 accredited organisation and maintaining and audit/amending the organisations QMS to improve the quality of the product and maintain compliance with the regulations.
- You will also be responsible for all liaison with NSAI and other regulatory bodies.
- In addition to ISO experience exposure to automotive and emergency vehicle regulatory requirements would be a distinct advantage and an ability to rapidly assimilate new regulatory requirements of this industry sector (e.g., CEN 1789-2007, Type Approval) so that in conjunction with Engineering Department, the company is always fully compliant with the regulatory requirements of the industry.
- The role will be responsible for ensuring the organisation is in compliance with it stated policies and written procedures and as such will include such duties as developing and improving Procedures, Work Instructions, etc.
- The successful candidate will also include responsibility for Internal Auditing and ensuring that remediation plans are developed and executed.
- The role requires hands-on experience of identifying the critical quality parameters within the process and ensuring appropriate quality checks are built in to ensure quality is maintained and built into the process to ensure RFT is order of the day so that customer gets the completed conversion to the required quality standard.
- The ideal candidate will understand how Warranty and After Sales Service is managed and tracked so that post-delivery defect incidence and cost are minimized.
- This will include the ability to undertake root cause analysis and identify improvements to prevent repeat occurrences in the future.
- The role will require someone who can convert Customer Specifications into an internal ‘Build Specification’ together with relevant drawings & work instructions that will ensure that all stages of production have clear instructions.
- The role will require an ability to implement ‘Continuous Improvement’ across the whole production cycle in an industry that is continuously challenged to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
As well as ISO and Industry compliance as described above the person will be responsible for managing the company’s compliance with other legislative imperatives of Health & Safety, Environment and COVID – 19
Additional personal attributes required.
- High level of competence in Microsoft Office and other presentation and publishing software
- A high level of attention to detail required.
- Self-motivated, well organized and a good communicator and able to deal with customers at all levels.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new engineering environment and its regulatory requirements.
- Be an active member of the senior management team of the business and be able to contribute to developing a growth strategy for the business.
- Be able to contribute to developing the company selling proposition and tender presentation aimed at generating new business which is the lifeline of the business.
If you are interested in this newly created and exciting, challenging and rewarding new opportunity in Co. Offaly, then please apply or send your CV in total confidence to [email protected] and I will reply to you with initial feedback with 48 hours.