The key skills needed are as follows and the remainder of the role is outlined in the details job specification below
UPS – level of knowledge and skills please elaborate ?
Rectifiers & Inverters – what is your level of experience here ?
Central battery systems and Emergency lighting systems – have you proven expertise on these systems ?
The successful candidate needs to must be predominantly tools based and ideally they will be technician or engineers whose daily role is to work on electrical/electronic power systems …testing/fault finding/commissioning preferably from the above areas.
My client is a global provider in the provision of critical infrastructure electronic and electrical technologies and life cycle services for information and communications technology systems.
With an expansive portfolio of intelligent, rapidly deployable hardware and software solutions for power, thermal and infrastructure management, the company enables efficient, highly available networks.
Due to rapid business growth in Ireland they now have a requirement to hire a full time Field Based UPS Technician / Engineer
If you have a senior trade or 3 level qualification in Electrical or Electronics and you are interested in a role with a progressive world leader in their field, please read the remainder of the job spec and send your CV for immediate review to Shane Gleeson or call me on 045-907107
Responsible for start ups, maintenance, and emergency repairs for Liebert UPS, battery, power distribution, and site monitoring equipment. Required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, salesmen, distributors, and others within the area. Maintain continuous communications with Call Control and the department Manager/Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the provision or Electrical Power Systems, you will have worked on Rectifiers, Invertors, emergency electrical back up systems, switchgears, generators etc…
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Some of the hot skills needed for this job are expereice on Battery Works, Inverters, Rectifiers, UPS systems and Solid Electronic Capabilities
- Respond, in a professional manner, to all assigned service calls while on duty.
- Perform all work in a safe manner and in accordance with established company safety policy.
- Perform all work using good working practice and current codes of practice/legislation relevant to assigned task.
- Ensure spare parts are properly accounted for using established parts procedures.
- Assist in ensuring that the planned maintenance completion rate is maintained at a min 90%.
- Assist call control to schedule, plan and complete any works as required, using established work flow procedures.
- Keep call control informed of your schedule and the status of all open jobs.
- Maintain the accuracy of the customer listing by reporting errors with the site change form.
- Support company vision and management decision.
- Ensure that all ISO 9001:2000 agreed processes are followed.
- You will be expected to look after all tooling and company property issued to enable the tasks to be carried out.
- Work as part of the service team.
- Follow up and follow through with any and all assigned tasks.
- Submit weekly paperwork in a timely, accurate and complete manner and in case of Wireless Field Service ensure the job is debriefed in a complete and accurate manner at the customer’s premises where possible
- Ensure availability to work during weekend and nights
- Keep company vehicle clean, neat and properly maintained
- Report sales or service leads to the proper department
- Provide a positive influence to peers.
- Provide on site technical assistance with difficult problems.
- Work closely & assist department supervisors, salesman, contracts engineers & managers with their day-to day operational duties.
- If requested assist/provide method statements and risk assessments for use by other engineers and customers.
- Provide office cover & support as & when required.
- Attend customer meetings as required
- Coordinate and run assigned projects, ensuring they run smoothly and ensure the highest quality service is delivered on time and within budget
- Update weekly the supervisors/managers on status of assigned projects
- Provide technical support to other ENP engineers, sub contractors and customers
- Carry out regular Health and Safety audits on other ENP engineers and approved sub contractors
- Assist in planning and managing the area callout rota, as well as taking an active part.
- Ensure that any activity, task and responsibility required by role in terms of the International Trade Compliance Regulations is managed and performed in full compliance with the company’s ITC certification program itself
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Senior Trade or HNC / HND In Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Extensive experience of working in a technical service or test environment of UPS equipment essential
- Computer Literate (All office associated programs such as , word, excel, outlook)
- Previous field service experience essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of mentoring and coaching others
- Experience of training others
- Self starter, ability to plan , organise and manage time effectively with an ability to work under pressure
- Clean Valid driving licence