Our client is seeking to recruit a Category Buyer who will be part of our Commercial team supporting the Republic of Ireland business.
The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can adopt a hands-on approach and fit into the company culture seamlessly. The role will report directly into the Head of Trading and will be based in the Group headquarter office in Park West, Dublin.
As our client expands, the responsibilities will evolve and change over time. The core responsibilities will centre around the following areas:
· Full category management accountability for your product area including sales, margin, budget management and stockholding
· Building strong collaborative relationships with both our existing & potential supply base
· Negotiate relevant contracts demonstrating good commercial practices in the process
· Identify and execute opportunities to increase ancillary income
· Source new product development & concept opportunities and bring them through from initiation to execution
· Remain up to date with market and industry trends to ensure our offer is competitive
· Drive continuous improvement both at category and process level including best value and quality within the team and department
· Monitor and report on sales performance to Senior management
· Maintain pricing policy and monitor competitor activity
· Strategic planning both at product and category level
· Liaise with the supply chain team and supply base to ensure full product availability across our range.
The Candidate should have the following:
Qualifications, experience & skills
- 3+ years in buying or category management with demonstrably strong negotiation skills essential
· Microsoft office intermediate to advanced level in excel, PowerPoint & word
· Power BI or equivalent beneficial
· SAP experience
Experience within a convenience FMCG retail environment also advantageous
If you are interested to hear more about this position or would like to apply, please submit an up to date CV and cover letter.