Reporting directly to the store manager, the Assistant Manager will positively contribute to all aspects of managing the store, including the delivery of budgeted sales and profit targets, shrinkage/waste control, personnel costs, overall standards, procedures and disciplines across all departments and in the absence of the store manager be directly responsible for these.
- To achieve Sales, Gross Profit Margin and Net Margin targets as per budget.
- To ensure all staff members are trained to EIQA Standards where appropriate and to ensure the level of hygiene is of the highest standard throughout the store and compliance by all staff members to same.
- To ensure hygiene standards are to the highest standards including a comprehensive HACCP Plan in accordance with EIQA and EHO.
- Have in-depth knowledge of all Health & Safety regulations and how they relate to the store.
- To ensure merchandising and presentation in the Fresh Departments is to the highest standards at all times.
- To ensure weekly stocktaking procedures are adhered to.
- To attend weekly management meetings and hold Fresh Departmental Meetings subsequently to ensure accurate communication of departmental performance and goal setting.
- To ensure the smooth running of Food Production Operations.
- To ensure costings on all In-house produced products are accurate and updated.
- To handle customer requests, queries and complaints in accordance with company procedures
- To draw up and control staff rosters, ensuring adequate cover within budgeted hours.
- To develop new concepts and ideas and ensure successful implementation.
- To ensure company rules, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure the highest standards of Customer Service is given to all customers at all times.
- To assume store manager responsibilities in their absence.
- To conduct any other duties as directed by Store manager.
- To seek opportunities to develop yourself in relation to technical training and professional development.
- To put in place a comprehensive succession plan with talent identified, coached and developed with appropriate training provided.