We are currently recruiting an Airfreight Coordinator for one of our Clients, a Multinational Supply Chain Company based in North Dublin.
Our Client provides an extensive range of Transport and logistic solutions under their brands, employing more than 600 people all over the island of Ireland.
The candidates requirement would be to meet and exceed customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo from A to B, effectively and in accordance with company quality procedures and statutory requirements.
To ensure that the Airfreight service delivered, meets and exceeds customer expectations, is in accordance with established service levels/SOPS’s and is within Revenue & Cost parameters. Ensure that all associated administrative requirements are complete and accurate. Proactively support and contribute to the achievement of Departmental, Branch and Company goals and objectives.
- Liaising with customers daily taking bookings and arranging shipments on behalf of the customer
- Preparation of all shipping documents including customs clearance
- Scheduling of daily collections and deliveries for the freight and installation departments
- Customer service support, providing problem solving skills were issues arise and preventive actions and new operational procedure are required
- Daily monitoring of shipments by coordinating with the airlines, shipping lines shippers and overseas agents. Continuous shipment progress reports to be provided to the customer
- Ensure all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations
- Ensure procedures relating to the accrual of costs, invoicing, and completion of shipment files are adhered to
- Customer KPI to be adhered to
- Continually evaluate operational practices to ensure optimum utilisation of resources
- 3 – 5 years Freight Forwarding experience in Ireland.
- Creation of KPI’s
- IT skills (intermediate)
- Freight management system knowledge
- Strong planning and organising skills with the ability to multi-task whilst working to tight deadlines
- Deliver key projects on time and in line with objectives
- Demonstrate strong effective leadership skills & technical operations competence
- Excellent analytical skills, problem-solving and decision skills in multi-functional settings
- Logistics and Distribution industry experience