Flexsource are currently acting as an Employment agency in recruiting a Transport Manager for one of our Clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Transport Manager to join one of Ireland’s leading Family owned companies, delivering to Retail stores throughout the country.
Transport Manager Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that transport operations meet legal and customer compliance requirements.
- Build the capability of the transport team to lead and drive continuous Improvement in line with strategic goals and objectives of the business
- Validate compliance with National and International road haulage regulations
- Drive the Health & Safety culture in the team
- Build & Improve customer service approach within the team
- Develop a balanced approach to driving performance within the team, review and develop KPI’s
- Develop and create team based structure within the transport department
- Develop & Implement supplier procurement procedures – balanced approach (cost/service/compliance)
- Support and the lead the team to review and improve existing processes/ways of working
- Complete a monthly summary report of transport performance for issue to the Leadership team.
- Strong record of Team Leadership
- Haulage & Logistics experience
- Problem solving
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Positive & Flexible attitude
- Good knowledge of Transport industry
- Certificate of Professional Competence
- Third level qualification in relevant discipline preferred.
- Experience in Lean and Continuous Improvement
There is a very Competitive Salary structure in place with this company, as well as a huge opportunity to progress within the company.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Paul Taylor 00353 87 3821020 in complete confidence.