The Team Leader will work as part of a management team to support the Warehouse Manager on the day-to-day operations of the warehouse. Reporting directly to the Warehouse Manager, the Team Leader will manage the inbound process and will ensure team targets are achieved for Goods Inwards.
• Supervision of the Goods Inwards team to ensure that all vendor’s goods are received in line with Goods Inwards SLA
• Adjust daily work schedules to meet business demands as dictated by the customer
• Lead a team by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices
• People management responsibilities including training, planning and assigning daily work
• Maintain time and attendance system and holiday planning
• Recommend measures to improve quality of service and increase efficiency of department
• Continuously improve goods inwards operations through the use of lean enterprise practices
• Manage process and material flows to maximize utilisation of the warehouse
• Maintain and promote the highest standards of health and safety throughout the operation
• Maintain and promote standards to the highest level within the department through the involvement of all team members
• Ad hoc duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Previous experience in a team leader role in a distribution/fulfilment environment is essential
• Prior knowledge of operations, warehouse management and transportation management
• Experience using SAP would be a distinct advantage
• Current Reach Truck & Counter Balance licence
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task
• Responsiveness to pressure
• Quality awareness
• Excellent housekeeping standards
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, with an excellent level of verbal and written English
• Excellent time management skills.