Manufacturing Shift Leads for Pharma Industry in South Dublin
Cpl are supporting our client partner to assist them in sourcing accomplished Production Supervisors for their Medical Device Manufacturing facility in South Dublin.
This is a priority role for the company as they are introducing a new Complex Medical Device production line and they will move fast on setting up interviews and offering to the preferred candidate.
This job is working on a 4-cycle 24/7 rotating shift pattern.
An excellent salary and shift premium of 33% and full benefits including full private healthcare for employees and family, annual bonus, excellent DC pension, etc…
Reporting to the Shift Manager and with a dotted line to the Head of Continuous Improvement and Process Excellence, you will be required to ensure that production schedules and targets are achieved and to ensure that all operational, administration, H&S and business controls are adhered to.
As the Production Supervisor, you will be required to manage and coordinate the activities of production personnel to achieve production metrics, including throughput, changeover times, minimising downtime and driving ongoing improvement, while optimizing the manufacturing process for increased productivity.
The ideal candidates will have at least 3 years of proven production management experience and have experience in either a GMP, BRC or other regulated industries.
Working knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing principles are also desired.
The role involves managing a production team on a rotating shift working on a 24/7 shift pattern.
The job requires the Production Supervisor to lead, control and develop all aspects of production, filling, warehousing, coopering,engineering, health, safety, and environmental and other activities at the site.
Production & Manufacturing Supervisor Job Description:
The Production Supervisor must be able to contribute to the development and implementation of the site strategy in line with the Company,Operations and Business unit objectives as the key role within the site leadership team.
Production Supervisor should be able to develop and deliver continuous improvement plans that support the drive for improved quality & operating costs ensuring successful implementation of the plans.
Be able to maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives that drive essential behavioural and process change. Strong links to be developed with Planning, Warehousing, NPD and Quality.
The Production Supervisor should always be constantly looking for improvements in current operations in order to improve quality, service and cost. Keep daily site records.
Work in conjunction with the Shift Manager and have a full working knowledge of schedule requirements, providing feedback on actual versus planned progress and provide solutions to correct losses
The job requires the Production Supervisor to lead, motivate and develop their team in line with company values to maximise employee engagement.
It is vital that the Production Supervisor is able to identify and manage ongoing cost reduction and material productivity.
Always participate in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating construction projects according to schedule, budget and specifications Plan and prepare to look ahead to construction schedules
The successful Production Supervisor / Leader will possess:
· You will ideally hold a 3rd leave Degree in Engineering or related discipline, A degree in Chemical Engineering or another Engineering discipline is a particular advantage for this job opportunity.
· The successful candidate must possess 5 years’ experience in a leadership role in a highly regulated process manufacturing environment.
· Industries that will be considered are Pharma, Food and Beverage, Brewing, Distilling, Petro Chemicals, Chemical Engineering or GMP controlled Pharmaceutical manufacturing.
· You will have demonstrated the ability to lead teams of process operations and manufacturing personnel, engineering and craft as well as site service providers including security and 3rd party engineering contractors.
· Certification or work experience in Lean / Six Sigma is vital for this job.
· Project management experience (Would be an advantage).
· Health and Safety qualifications would be an advantage.
· Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills are essential for this job.
· Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project), SAP (MM and PM)
· Team player and a good problem solver.
Those interested in this exciting new opportunity for the Shift Manufacturing and Production Supervisor job, please submit their CV for immediate review or email me directly at [email protected]
I’ll review the CV and respond to you within 48 hours and the hiring manager is committed to reviewing CVs and giving feedback within 3–4 working days.