Laboratory Equipment Specialist Pharma in Athlone
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract with the possibility of a 2nd-year extension or becoming full-time.
Cpl are working with one of our long-standing client partners to support them with the recruitment Laboratory Equipment Specialist for an initial fixed-term contract.
You will be joining a team of high-performing Laboratory professionals in an established Pharma Drug product manufacturing site in Athlone. Due to business growth and new product introduction, the hiring Manager is now keen to review applications for the position of Laboratory Equipment Specialist / to help and support with the calibration and equipment protocols in the lab.
The role of the Laboratory Equipment Specialist will be based within the QC laboratory team. You will be tasked with insuring the validation and calibration of laboratory equipment in the number of QC labs.
Reporting to the Laboratory Automation Manager the successful Laboratory Equipment Specialist will be responsible for the following:
· You will have ownership of the Coordination and Scheduling of all calibration and maintenance contracts & activities for laboratory equipment in QC & Micro laboratories
· As the Laboratory Equipment Specialist, you are responsible for the execution of calibration and maintenance tasks as required per procedures
· The Equipment Specialist will review vendor calibration and maintenance records and supervision of vendors when onsite.
· A key part of your role will be to develop relationships and partnerships with the approved equipment vendors and the role requires a high level of communication skills
· You will be responsible for troubleshooting, tracking and remediation of laboratory equipment issues
· The Equipment Specialist is responsible for maintaining calibration/maintenance vendor approval processes for the QC laboratory in conjunction with relevant QA function
· You will undertake to perform periodic reviews of laboratory systems
· The Equipment Specialist is responsible for the writing of Protocols and Procedures as required and for periodic review of existing SOPs
· Continuous assessment of USP and EP regarding laboratory equipment calibration requirements
· You will Identify new systems and/or develop existing systems with a view to increasing compliance and/or increase efficiencies with Laboratory services
· Accurate and timely recording of all information pertinent to the task being performed
· To maintain a high standard of GMP / GLP
The ideal candidate for this role will have 2 -3 years of proven Laboratory Equipment experience as well as –
Previous experience in validating laboratory equipment and experience with HPLC / FTIR / Lab equipment software
You will hold a BSc in a science/engineering-related discipline with minimum 2 years’ experience in a GMP pharmaceutical-regulated work environment
Previous Metrology experience in maintaining calibration/maintenance schedules is a distinct advantage
Experience in driving process improvements
Experience in laboratory equipment troubleshooting
Understanding of USP and EP requirements and guidelines for equipment calibration
Experience in writing and updating SOPs
Be able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and respond positively to changes when working in a dynamic environment
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity, then please send your up-to-date CV to [email protected] and I will reply to your application with initial feedback within 24 – 48 hours of receipt of your CV.