Build the future!
Join our team.
This role is recognized as being of key strategic importance to enable the business to remain competitive in the long term and grow market share.
You will be responsible for providing technical leadership within a production value stream and have ownership for the following:
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, complex, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
- Develop Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
- Develop high quality right first time PLC and HMI code development strategy from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Adopt responsibility for the project management of control systems and software based projects across a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
- Participates on and lead projects, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Monitor and analyze opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
- Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Actively participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify software programs written by other developers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, plan and execute multiple tasks to tight schedules
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to document own work clearly and precisely
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5/6 years experience working with automated control systems
- Strong PLC background in Siemens S7, APT, Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA HMI software
- Additional knowledge of printer systems, vision systems, robotics, Laser control systems, motion control systems, BCR and RFID systems would be beneficial
- Accustomed to working in a high volume manufacturing validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
Benefits, one of the best benefits package in Ireland
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus 9%
- Holidays 22 days + 2 company days + 9 public holidays
- Life assurance 3 times salary.
- Share Options, revenue approved share participation – employees buy with their bonus for tax reasons
- Full health cover Laya Simply Health Plus Pension 6% defined benefit Onsite gym Subsidised
- Relocation package
- On site Gym
- Regular health and fitness classes
- Walking Track
- State of the art subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- Career progression
- Intercompany charity events
- Sports and Social Club
- Non smoking plant
Have any questions?
Recruitment Manager & Associate Director
WHY LIVE & WORK IN LIMERICK?
Your guide to visit, live, work & build your future in Limerick